PROJECT & ENROLLMENT IS NOW!
Sign up now to get on your club’s roster to get invites to meetings and events and stay on the newsletter mailing list. You must be enrolled as a 4-H member in 4-H Online and dues paid before May 1st to be eligible to exhibit at this year’s Door County Fair!
Please remember to update your contact information, including mailing address, e-mail and phone numbers!
- Select a club that works for you and your family (day, time, location, as well as projects, age of members, activities throughout the year). Visit our 2022-23 CLUB MAP to see where there are clubs located and when they meet. Contact the club leader to let them know you are interested in joining their club. Make a plan to visit a club meeting or activity to see if it’s a good fit.
- Review the Enrollment Guide to learn more about the projects available in 4-H. Youth who are in 5K through 2nd grade are eligible to participate in the Cloverbud project only. Youth in 3rd grade and up can sign up for the rest of the projects. For your first year in 4-H, you may want to take one or two projects. (More can be selected if the youth and parents are comfortable with that decision.) Some projects have local club leaders providing leadership, and some projects have countywide leaders. There are a few projects that don’t have leaders for them, and in that case the family and the member are responsible for learning independently. 4H218-Guide-with-Supplements-2022
- Contact the Extension Office or your club leader to learn how to sign up using the online 4-H enrollment program — https://wi.4honline.com 4-H Online Enrollment Guide — If you are not able to sign up online, paper enrollment forms are available: 4-H YOUTH ENROLLMENT FORM 4-H ADULT ENROLLMENT FORM
- Pay membership dues to your club. Membership dues for the county are $3.50 per member or $10 per family (with 3 or more members). Some clubs add on small additional fees for projects or activities. There also may be an additional cost if you wish to receive extra project literature (4-H families receive 2 pieces of project literature for free, additional pieces are billed to the families). Project literature may be ordered by calling or emailing the Extension office.
- Watch for the Door County 4-H newsletter for more information on countywide events, project meetings, workshops and other activities happening in the 4-H program. You can also “like” Door County 4-H on Facebook for updates.
- Have fun and enjoy being a 4-H member!