PROGRAMS / EVENTS / INFORMATION:
FARM MANAGEMENT UPDATE FOR AG PROFESSIONALS
SEPTEMBER 24, 2020, 1:00-2:30 pm — WEBINAR
- Registration due by 5:00 pm on September 23
KEWAUNEE & DOOR COUNTY 2020 CORN DRY DOWN more information
WHAT’S STANDING ALFALFA WORTH in 2020? factsheet
FREE fillable rental arrangement forms for your farm.
Written, reviewed, and edited by members of the North Central Farm Management Extension Committee (NCFMEC).
Agriculture Works Hard for Door County Read more …
ARTICLES OF INTEREST
- Articles in the Peninsula Pulse… written by Annie Deutsch (former Door County Agricultural Agent)
Private Pesticide Certification/Testing is offered in Door County for those who wish to apply restricted-use pesticides. A private applicator is a someone applying pesticides to produce and agricultural products on land owned or rented by the person or the person’s employer. A person making any other kind of pesticide application is considered to be a commercial applicator. If you have questions on which certification you require, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Ag., Trade and Consumer Protection at http://datcp.wi.gov/Plants/Pesticides/Licenses/index.aspx
PESTICIDE APPLICATOR TRAINING
Due to Covid-19, there will be no training opportunities (including self-study) until further notice.
- If your private pesticide applicator license expires between January 31 and September 30, 2020, your license has been extended through October 31. If you have more questions, visit this website: UW Pesticide Applicator Safety Program
SELF-STUDY & TESTING: The certification fee (includes the training manual) is $30.00 (cash or check only). Must purchase the manual at the Extension Office — office hours are 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday (please call before you visit.) Make checks payable to Door County Extension. If you have questions, call 920-746-2260.
BUY LOCAL, BUY WISCONSIN
– Wisconsin Department of Ag, Trade & Consumer Protection — https://datcp.wi.gov/Pages/Growing_WI/BuyLocalBuyWisconsin.aspx
Publications — The Learning Store website
RELATED LINKS OF INTEREST
- Farmer to Farmer Website
- UW Center for Dairy Profitability
- Wisconsin Ag Statistics
- CUSTOM RATE GUIDE
- Integrated Pest & Crop Management Website
Farming News from Around Wisconsin
If you have any questions regarding Agriculture, Soils or Crops in Door County, please contact:
UW-Madison Division of Extension Door County
County Government Center
421 Nebraska Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Phone: 920-746-2263 / Fax: 920-746-2531
Office Hours: M-F 8 am to 4:30 pm