ARTICLES OF INTEREST … written by Annie Deutsch for the Peninsula Pulse
Implements of Husbandry
Missed the meeting? All handouts and resources can be found here.
Private Pesticide Certification/Testing is offered in Door County for those who wish to apply restricted-use pesticides. A private applicator is a someone applying pesticides to produce and agricultural products on land owned or rented by the person or the person’s employer. A person making any other kind of pesticide application is considered to be a commercial applicator. If you have questions on which certification you require, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Ag., Trade and Consumer Protection at http://datcp.wi.gov/Plants/Pesticides/Licenses/index.aspx
PESTICIDE APPLICATOR TRAINING
- TRAINING CLASSES (classroom setting):
- Door County: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 9 am-approx. 3:30 pm, Peninsula Rm, Gov’t Ctr., Sturgeon Bay (contact Door County office at 920-746-2260 by February 11).
- Kewaunee County: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 9 am, Kewaunee County Fairgrounds Expo Hall, Luxemburg (contact Kewaunee County office at 920-388-7141 by January 28).
- SELF-STUDY & TESTING: The certification fee (includes the training manual) is $30.00 (cash or check only). Must purchase the manual at the Extension Office — office hours are 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday (please call before you visit.) Make checks payable to Door County UW-Extension. If you have questions, call 920-746-2260.
BUY LOCAL, BUY WISCONSIN
– Wisconsin Department of Ag, Trade & Consumer Protection — https://datcp.wi.gov/Pages/Growing_WI/BuyLocalBuyWisconsin.aspx
2014 Door County Agriculture: Value & Economic Impact Read more ...
Extension programs in Agriculture issues of today’s farmers in a competitive economic climate.
Farm and financial management.
Livestock manure and nutrient management and water quality.
Using information systems to make management decisions.
Crops and soils.
Dairy and livestock production management.
Lowering production inputs to maintain profitability.
Backed by the latest UW research, your Extension agriculture agent works with the farm community, agri-business and government agencies to address issues that affect individual producers and the overall county agricultural economic base.
RELATED LINKS OF INTEREST
Farming News from Around Wisconsin
If you have any questions regarding Agriculture, Soils or Crops in Door County, please contact:
UW-Madison Division of Extension Door County
County Government Center
421 Nebraska Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Phone: 920-746-2263 / Fax: 920-746-2531
Office Hours: M-F 8 am to 4:30 pm