UW-Madison Division of Extension Door County
County Government Center
421 Nebraska Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Office Hours: M-F 8 am to 4:30 pm
UW-Madison Division of Extension-Door County: What is Extension?
Extension Report to the Door County Board – July 2019
Door County Dairy Promotion
- Information and Application for Funds click here
Applications are due by July 15, 2019
FREE — VINEYARD WALK more information …
Thursday, July 18, 3:00-5:00 pm, Peninsular Ag. Research Station
Please RSVP by July 16 to 920-746-2260
- April 10, 2017: European Chafer
- June 23, 2017: Controlling European Chafer in Summer Months
- European chafer fact sheet: A4141 EUROPEAN CHAFER
2017 DOOR COUNTY LOCAL PRODUCERS Guide – updated 1/16/17
A listing of agricultural producers that grow or raise food or fiber for sale within Door County and nearby Kewaunee County. Also included are listings of Door County restaurants and retailers that use or sell locally produced agricultural products.
PRIVATE PESTICIDE APPLICATOR CERTIFICATION
Intended for persons requiring certification or re-certification in order to apply restricted-use pesticides. A private applicator is a person applying pesticides to produce an agricultural product (including forestry, nursery or greenhouse) on land owned or rented by the person or the person’s employer. Required for private applicators who apply restricted use pesticides. Examples of private applicators include a farmer applying pesticides to his crops on his owned or rented land or an employee of that farmer doing the same; greenhouse or nursery workers making pesticide applications on the land or in the greenhouses of their employer. You have the choice of either attending a classroom training or self-study. Questions? Call 920-746-2260
- SELF-STUDY OPTION: The certification fee (includes the training manual) is $30.00 (cash or check only). Must purchase the manual at the Extension Office — office hours are 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday (please call before you visit.) Make checks payable to Door County UW-Extension. If you have questions, call 920-746-2260.
CUSTOM RATE GUIDE (last updated 2017)
Past Extension PowerPoint Presentations on:
Master Gardening is for everyone in Wisconsin Master Gardeners are trained volunteers who aid University of Wisconsin Extension staff by helping people in the community better understand horticulture and their environment. This site can help you learn about becoming a Master Gardener in Wisconsin, find information about horticultural topics, and connect to the statewide network of Master Gardener associations.
DOOR COUNTY MASTER GARDENER TRAINING CLASS INFORMATION:
For information on this year’s training class please visit their website: http://www.dcmga.org/become-a-mg.html
Peninsular Research Station – from 2011 Fruit School presentation:
- Emerging Insect Pests
- Correctly Identify Pests — Western Conifer Seed Bug and
- Adult Male Brown Marmorated Stink Bug